3 years of REVIVE out in the market resulted in another benchmark product for BikeYoke: REVIVE 2.0. The new extralong 213mm REVIVE required a lot of re-thinking and re-engineering the whole chassis structure and since we think they deserve it, the shorter REVIVES will also get all the nice updates, and benefit from what was originally implemented only for the longest sibling of the REVIVE family.
Noteworthy updates of the REVIVE 2.0 include:
- One piece 3D-forged upper tube unit for improved stiffness and strength
- Fully hard-anodized pin seats in the upper tube for improved corrosion-resistance
- CNC-finished actuation lever for even smoother engagement
- New upper saddle clamp and saddle bolts with integrated conical washers for even simpler saddle installation
Wanna know more about the REVIVE? What if there was a dropper post, that actually solves and not just improves reliability issues, saves cost and time on the long run, and does not let you worry about too much time spent at service-centers? Or how about “bleeding” your seat post within a few seconds, while it is still installed in your bike?
BikeYoke presents the REVIVE dropper post, featuring one of the most brilliant design features in dropper post design in many years. More than 10 years of experience in drop-post design went into the “REVIVE” and the development has finally paid off.
Of, course, just as many other companies, BikeYoke would say, that REVIVE is reliable and strong and smooth. And yes, REVIVE is all of that, but not because we tried to improve current designs, but because we were thinking outside of the box and created a new concept, that is completely different from everything before.
To understand the benefits over other posts you have to know about the problems of many current designs first. Many of the popular current seatpost designs are based on a hydraulic lockout-system that relies on a perfectly sealing IFP (Internal Floating Piston), separating oil from air to prevent the seatpost from getting sagging or bouncing. There are a lot of difficulties to overcome when using an IFP because an IFP has to maintain 100% sealing function. If air could go to the oil side, your post will start becoming springy. This happens to a lot of posts in the market already and is the main issue why posts need to be serviced.
That´s why BikeYoke´s “REVIVE” features a NON-IFP design, because we think it is too difficult - if not impossible - to make a really reliable design using an IFP. REVIVE only requires 2 dynamic seals in the hydraulic circuit: The shaft sealing and the main piston sealing for the lockout mechanism. The highly critical IFP has been removed, and with it the need of perfect concentricity and finish of the sealing surfaces of the tubes. The lack of an IFP also results in the smoothest action you can think of.
The most important and ground-breaking feature of Revive is its “REVIVE-VALVE”. Even REVIVE can get air somewhere where it does not belong. This can happen for example when you actuate your seatpost while its upside down. And here is where the patented RESET VALVE comes into play:
- Insert a 4mm Hex Key into the REVIVE hex port, turn it and push down the post by hand.
- This will reset your hydraulic circuit on the fly - whenever. wherever. This is done just within a few seconds and only by the turn of a 4mm Allen key or the integreated mini reset lever, that comes with the post - of course without even having to remove your drop post from your bike.
So, now one might already understand that:
- No external air will want go inside the post´s hydraulic circuit, since it is charged with higher pressure, than its surroundings.
- No oil will go out (or at least very very little oil over the curse of a long time), because of very stable sealing - external sealing has never been a real problem of current post design
- The hydraulic system can be reset to “new” via the unique “REVIVE-valving”
- This means the hydraulic circuit is a very stable closed system and basically maintenance free.
Still there are parts that will need to be serviced sooner or later and when designing REVIVE it was put a lot of attention to maximum user-friendly serviceability:
- Bushings and keyway pins will wear over time. Usually, the pins wear first and you would want to replace them to reset your rotational play.
- Exchanging the pins and the lower bushing is simple and does not require any opening of the hydraulic system and can be done within less than 5 minutes.
1 set REVIVE dropper post includes:
- 1x REVIVE Seatpost
- 1x cable housing 1500mm
- 1x inner wire 1700mm
- 2x housing endcap
- 1x barrel cable clamp
- 1x air valve adapter
- 1x Quick-Reset-Lever
- 1x remote (optional)
- 1x BikeYoke I-spec adapter or Splits Clamp (optional)
- 1 set titanium saddle bolts and nuts (optional)
|Black / 30.9mm / 365mm / 0mm / 125mm||04713291520466||REV125309|
|Black / 30.9mm / 435mm / 0mm / 160mm||04713291520480||REV160309|
|Black / 30.9mm / 485mm / 0mm / 185mm||04713291520503||REV185309|
|Black / 30.9mm / 550mm / 0mm / 213mm||04713291521647||REV213309|
|Black / 31.6mm / 365mm / 0mm / 125mm||04713291520473||REV125316|
|Black / 31.6mm / 435mm / 0mm / 160mm||04713291520497||REV160316||210000032801|
|Black / 31.6mm / 485mm / 0mm / 185mm||04713291520510||REV185316|
|Black / 31.6mm / 550mm / 0mm / 213mm||04713291521654||REV213316|